Clinical Educator - Nursing and Midwifery
Southern Queensland Rural Health are seeking candidates for their Clinical Educator (Nursing and Midwifery) role. The role is responsible for supporting effective, high quality rural training experiences for pre-registration nursing and midwifery students across rural and remote South West Queensland.
You will support the supervision of students during rural clinical placements, facilitate interprofessional learning opportunities during student placements, and enhance support and education to both students and clinical supervisors.
This position is located in Charleville, however travel to other sites across the South West Queensland region will occasionally be required.
To be successful for this opportunity, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s qualification in Nursing (or equivalent);
- Current registration as a Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Broad clinical experience as a nurse, with at least 3 years of recent practice experience;
- Experience and expertise in clinical education and supervision with undergraduate nursing students;
- Knowledge or understanding of interprofessional education, collaboration and practice;
Above all else, you will be able to demonstrate: a high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills; the ability to work both independently and collaboratively; a commitment to rural health research; and an ability to represent SQRH across the community.
It is a condition of employment for this role that you will be required to provide evidence of immunisation against certain vaccine preventable diseases.
You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in Australia to apply for this opportunity.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the University.