Clinical Educator (Nursing) - Southern Queensland Rural Health
Full Time - Fixed Term
This position will see you supporting effective, high quality rural training experiences for pre-registration nursing students across regional, rural and remote Southern Queensland. You will also facilitate interprofessional learning opportunities during student placements and enhance of support and education to both students and clinical supervisors. Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading interprofessional learning opportunities within the health care environment.
- Developing and delivering educational materials that incorporate emerging information technology.
- Partnering with health-care professionals and academic staff during rural clinical placements to develop high quality learning opportunities for undergraduate nursing students.
- Providing best practice clinical and educational support to clinical supervisors.
- Assisting in identifying a range of supports that would further enhance rural clinical learning experiences.
- Working closely with the relevant university and health provider stakeholders to identify existing under-utilised placement opportunities.
This position is primarily located in Toowoomba, however travel will be required to work from other sites across the Darling Downs and South West Queensland regions as required.
You will be a Registered Nurse with a bachelor’s qualification in Nursing. You will also have at least 3 years of recent practice experience within your field. To best support our students, you will also bring demonstrated experience in clinical education and a sound knowledge of interprofessional education.
Your high level interpersonal and consultation skills will ensure a true partnership with health-care professionals and academic staff to provide rural clinical placements. Finally, you will have a commitment to research activities, a willingness to participate in rural health research, and bring established relationships to promote the discipline across both the university and broader community levels.
You must have unrestricted work rights in Australia to apply for this opportunity. Current and full registration with AHPRA is a requirement of this appointment.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the University. Our Diversity and Inclusion webpage contains further information if you require additional support. Accessibility requirements and/or adjustments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is on offer
This is fixed term position until 31 December 2020, with a possibility of extension subject to funding.
A full-time opportunity exists, nevertheless we are open to negotiation for individuals seeking part-time arrangements.
At Academic Level B, full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range $97,590- $115,888, plus super of up to 17%.
For further information, please review The University of Queensland's Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018-2021.
Position DescriptionClinical Educator Nursing (Darling Downs) SQRH 2019_6CA1.pdf
For more information, contact Dayle Osborn at email@example.com or 07 4633 9777.