GPs - Kambu
Kambu Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation for Health is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service that operates in Ipswich and the West Moreton region, one of the fastest growing regions in Australia. Kambu Health facilitate and promote Primary Health Care Services and strive to establish state-of-the-art comprehensive Health Care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in Ipswich and West Moreton Regions of South East Queensland. By actively facilitating and promoting partnerships and alliances with other health care providers and stakeholder groups, Kambu Health practice a holistic and preventative approach to health, offering general and specialist care, complemented with long-term healthy lifestyle change programs and services.
- Opportunity to work for one of the leading Aboriginal Medical Services of Australia
- Great work-life balance (Monday to Friday) - with an option to work Saturday and have a weekday off
- Exposure to diverse clinical practice
- Support from a multidisciplinary team with a wide array of in-house allied health and specialist services
- An attractive and highly competitive base salary
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment card, and novated lease
- A voice in effectively shaping medical processes
- Flexible work arrangements and annual study leave
Kambu Health is looking for passionate full time and part time GPs who are interested in joining an enthusiastic and committed team and making a direct impact on improved health outcomes in the community. The positions include:
- GP (Non VR)
- GP (VR)
- Senior GP Reporting to the Senior Medical Officer, you will be responsible for providing clinical care at Kambu Health clinics. This role involves working alongside a multidisciplinary healthcare team to achieve comprehensive, holistic healthcare and improved health outcomes for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within the framework of the IUIH model of care.
Our Service provides bulk billing GP services, chronic disease management, mental health, women’s, and men's health, visiting allied health specialists, health promotion and prevention programs, aged care, and community support service functions. We do get visiting medical specialists in the fields of cardiology, psychiatry, dermatology, hematologist, endocrinology, and paediatrics to name a few. We pride ourselves on finding the right people to build a great team and giving them the freedom, flexibility, and support to be the best at what they do. In the primary health care team, GPs have a distinctive role in delivering clinical leadership.
- Unconditional registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a medical practitioner in a general practice / primary health care setting (including post-graduate training)
- Demonstrated ability to meet targets and performance outcomes
- Ability to support a continuous improvement model for achieving outcomes
- Decisive listening, influencing and persuasive skills
- Working with Children’s Card (Blue Card) or be eligible to apply
Desired but not mandatory:
- Previous experience of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
- Registered GP Supervisor
- Vocational Registration
Applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com
For any further enquiries please get in touch with Human Resources Team on (07) 3810 3019 or email firstname.lastname@example.org@kambuhealth.com.au.au, using the subject line: General Practitioner