Occupational Therapist - HealthWISE
Due to our ongoing growth and expansion into Queensland, HealthWISE is offering an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join the new interdisciplinary Allied Health team based in Ipswich. The new team would offer outreach services to areas within the Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, Somerset regions.
As the Primary Health Occupational Therapist in the newly formed allied health team, you will provide Occupational Therapy services to referred fee-for-service individual clients or groups of clients. These services will be provided to support GPs and community members to access the delivery of best-practice care for people across the Darling Downs West Moreton region.
As a HealthWISE Primary Health Occupational Therapist, you will work collaboratively with health practitioners (including GPs and allied health professionals), health services (including the Hospital Health Services and Aboriginal Health Services), and other education and support services to provide an integrated and inclusive approach to health care.
You will possess and apply specialised skills relevant to the role, will work within your scope of practice, and apply your skills, competence and training to provide a standard of services as required by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and relevant professional organisations.
You will demonstrate your understanding and knowledge of /or experience in delivering services via Telehealth as related to this role.
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy, registration with relevant professional association and demonstrated relevant experience in primary health care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality and responsive client / carer / customer service in a one-on-one or group setting.
- Commitment to ethical practice, professional conduct and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in the delivery of clinical services, as well as an ability to work positively and co-operatively within a multi-disciplinary team environment, including with General Practitioners, Allied Health Professionals and educators.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their health
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of and/or experience in delivering services via Telehealth
- Demonstrated attitude and behaviours that are in keeping with the company’s values (empowerment, equality, client focus, community, passion for excellence, visionary)
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of quality, consistent and continuous health services to local communities
- Current unrestricted and unencumbered QLD Driver’s Licence
- Willingness to travel and work after hours if required
- Willingness to consent to a National Police Check
- Current Blue Card/Working With Children Check held or willingness to obtain
To submit your application for this position, the essential role criteria must be addressed in your cover letter, accompanied by your latest CV