Primary Health Dietitian - HealthWISE
Due to the ongoing growth and expansion into Queensland, HealthWISE is offering an exciting opportunity for a Primary Health Dietitian to join the new interdisciplinary Allied Health team based in Ipswich. Our new team would offer outreach services to areas within the Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, Somerset regions.
In this position, you will be able to
- Provide dietetic education and advice, information, presentations and resource development for dietetic and other HealthWISE programs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the dietetic programs and activities with particular regard to health outcomes and cost-effectiveness
- Actively contribute to the development of the dietetics team’s professional knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of /or experience in delivering services via Telehealth as related to this role
As the HealthWISE Primary Health Dietitian in the newly formed allied health team, you will possess and apply specialised skills relevant to the role, will work within your scope of practice, and apply your skills, competence and training to provide a standard of services as required by the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA).
As the Senior Primary Health Dietitian, you will work collaboratively with health practitioners (including general practitioners, medical specialists and allied health professionals), health services (including the Hospital Health Service and Aboriginal Health Services), and other support services to provide an integrated and inclusive approach to health care.
As Primary Health Dietitian you will be required to work both independently and as part of the broader HealthWISE team, to achieve the objectives of the program and the organisation in an effective, integrated and person-centred manner.
In this position, you shall add value to all activities and services of HealthWISE.
- Tertiary qualification in dietetics, registration with the Dietitians Association of Australia and demonstrated relevant experience, in particular in primary health care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality and responsive client/carer/customer service in a one-on-one or group setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in the delivery of clinical services, as well as an ability to work positively and co-operatively within a multi-disciplinary team environment, including with General Practitioners and Allied Health Professionals.
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of quality, health services to local communities including a commitment to ethical practice, professional conduct and professional development.
- Demonstrated time-management, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their health
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of and/or experience in delivering services via Telehealth
- Demonstrated attitude and behaviours that are in keeping with the company’s values (empowerment, equality, client focus, community, passion for excellence, visionary)
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of quality, consistent and continuous health services to local communities
- Current unrestricted and unencumbered QLD Driver’s Licence
- Willingness to travel and work after hours if required
- Willingness to consent to a National Police Check
- Current Blue Card/Working With Children Check held or willingness to obtain
To submit your application for this position, the essential role criteria must be addressed in your cover letter, accompanied by your latest CV.
Please address all applications to Naomi Petty.