RN/EEN - Leichhardt Family Practice
RN Position Description
- Perform clinical duties within required level of clinical competency, according to best available evidence. Explain procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance. Duties include triage, immunisations and other injections, wound management, chronic disease management, ECG’s, and collection of pathology samples. Assist doctors with clinical procedures. Maintain clinical documentation. Cold Chain Management, Coordinate Infection Control process’s
- Assist with triage, data management, diagnostic services, networking with other providers, planning & management of patient care and patient advocacy. Telephone patients with test results as directed by medical staff.
Improvement of Patient Health Outcomes
- Conduct preventative/screening procedures; assist with patient education and community health promotion activities. Co-ordinate patient recall and outreach programs and GP management plans and team care arrangement.
Equipment and Supplies
- Ensure sterilisation and maintenance of clinical equipment. Maintain stocks of clinical supplies, including correct storage (such as refrigeration), removal of out-of-date stock and ordering supplies. Provide input in purchasing relevant clinical equipment and supplies.
- Maintain awareness of current and new legislation to ensure business is complying with all statutory and regulatory obligations including infection control, sterilisation, hazardous materials & safe handling/disposal of medical waste, records management, OHS, and accreditation. Ensure relevant personnel are kept informed and changes are made to systems and procedures as required.
- Act within the practice and nursing code of ethics & appropriate level of clinical competence at all times. Maintain awareness of current evidence and research on clinical practices and inform/educate other practice staff. Change systems and procedures to ensure compliance with best available evidence as applicable.
- Consistently be aware of OHS requirements and comply with them.
- Responsible for infection control within the practice
- Responsible for vaccine management policy
- In charge of cold chain breach
- Immunisation re-ordering
Delegation of tasks to other medical and non-medical staff. Provide direct and indirect supervision to Division 2 Nurse/s
EEN position description
To organise appointments, maintain records and perform medical & other tasks to ensure smooth and efficient functioning of the practice and provide an exceptional standard of care to our patients.
- Perform clinical duties within required level of clinical competency, according to best available evidence.
- Explain procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance. Duties include triage, immunisations and other injections, wound management, chronic disease management, ECG’s and collection of pathology samples.
- Assist doctors with clinical procedures.
- Maintain clinical documentation.
- Cold Chain Management
- Ensure sterilisation and maintenance of clinical equipment.
- Maintain stocks of clinical supplies, including correct storage (such as refrigeration), removal of out-of-date stock and ordering supplies.
- Provide input in purchasing relevant clinical equipment and supplies
- Ensure Registration, Health Summaries, Patient Information sheets, New Patient Packs and information displays are correct and current and enough in supply.
- To clean surgery at the end of the shift. (including bins, cleaning toilets, Cleaning of consult rooms, treatment room, waiting room) if required
- To deal with referring doctors, hospital staff, pharmacists etc courteously and helpfully.
- To deal with emergencies when necessary, following set procedures.
- Transfer test result calls to Drs or take message.
- To exercise confidentiality in regard to patient care and all aspects of the practice.
- Ensure abnormal result policy is adhered to.
For more information, contact Leichhardt Family Practice at email@example.com or 07 3281 5071.