Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN 2018 Training Needs Analysis Results
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN recently completed a Training Needs Analysis survey to determine the training and education needs of primary healthcare providers in the region.
The results of this survey are just a snapshot of some of the feedback we have received from across the region.
In total, 171 primary healthcare professionals completed the survey and this information will help inform the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN’s training and education plan and calendar for the 2019 year, however we acknowledge that the needs of primary healthcare professionals in our region continue to evolve, and the recommendations below are not exhaustive.
We will continue to seek feedback from our primary healthcare providers throughout on an annual basis so that we can be responsive to your education and training needs.
How the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is responding:
- Engagement of Business for Doctors to deliver two MBS workshops in February 2019.
- Monday, 18 February 2019 - Toowoomba
- Tuesday, 19 February 2019 - Ipswich
- Delivery of the Red Ant Round-up two-day conference in Kingaroy in March 2019.
- Saturday, 9 March – Sunday, 10 March 2019
- Enhanced clinical education to General Practitioners via more frequent GP and Practice Manager Chapter Meetings and Clinical Team Learnings across the region.
- Introduction of Allied Health and Practice Nurse education and networking events across the region.
- Increased education opportunities focusing on the use of practice management software.
- Enhanced usability of the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN website with an interactive education and events calendar.
- Delivery of three wound management workshops in December 2018.
- Increased collaboration with Universities, including the University of Southern Queensland and the University of Queensland’s Rural Clinical School, Hospital and Health Services and other key stakeholders to deliver innovative, inter-professional education opportunities.
- Further development of partnerships with the Darling Downs Health and West Moreton Health Public Health Units to deliver immunisation workshops.
- Development of a monthly business improvement series for GPs.
To see a comprehensive overview of the results, click here.
Back to Latest Announcements