Mental Health Transition Update - Mental Health Nurse Care Program contracts awarded!
We are also pleased to announce that contracts with providers have now been finalised to deliver primary mental health care services for people with severe mental illness including mental health nurses.
This activity replaces the former Mental Health Nurse Incentive Program (MHNIP).
Mental Health Nurse Care Program Providers are:
Mi Mind Centre - services Toowoomba, Goondiwindi and Western Downs, and some of the Lockyer Valley region. Mi Mind Centre have linked with Our House Our Haven, Ipswich to deliver services to the Scenic Rim, Ipswich, and Somerset.
Contact: Richard Lavack
Phone: 07 4613 0922
Fax: 07 4613 0944
Our House Our Haven
Contact: Anneke Bull and Carey Blaik
Phone: 0416 826 203
Fax: 07 3496 1753
RHealth - services South Burnett, Cherbourg and Southern Downs.
Contact: Simone Xouris
Phone: 07 4638 1377
Fax: 07 4151 0794
12 to 64 years who:
- have a Metal Health Treatment Plan
- are diagnosed with a severe and complex mental illness have mental health issues that are significantly impacting on their social, personal and work life
- are at risk of being admitted to hospital in the future if clinical care coordination is not provided, or has already had at least one admission due to their mental health in the past 12 months
- are assessed as needing clinical care coordination for their ongoing treatment and manage of their mental health for an extended episode of care
- are currently working with a General Practitioners or psychiatrist on their clinical mental health care or will be linked with one as part of the program
Referrals are now open to these providers.
To refer patients into these services, please fill out the Mental Health Stepped Care Referral Form (Best Practice, Medical Director or editable PDF) and email or fax the form to the relevant provider above.
*A Mental Health Treatment Plan is required to access this service for your patients.
Back to Latest Announcements