NEW Diabetes education workshops and courses for NDSS Registrants
Diabetes Queensland, as agent of the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) in Queensland, delivers a comprehensive range of courses and workshops in Ipswich, Laidley and Kingaroy and throughout Queensland at no cost to NDSS registrants.
These group programs include 2-3 hour interactive workshops as well as full day self-management courses. They are designed to complement individual consultations and support the specialised education provided by general practice and allied health professionals. On course completion attendees are provided a letter for their health professional detailing the education topics covered.
- DESMOND - 1 day self-management course covering the basics of diabetes, monitoring, complications and goal setting (type 2)
- CarbSmart - carbohydrate choices and how they affect blood glucose levels (type 2)
- MeterSmart - BGL monitoring, when & why to check ,how to interpret their results (type 2)
- MedSmart- understand the medications they are using to treat their diabetes (type 2)
- Living with Insulin - new to insulin or wanting a refresher type (type 2)
- Insulin Pump Workshop - Basic skills for those considering a pump or those wanting a refresher(type 1)
- ShopSmart- food labels and making healthy food choices when shopping (type 1 & 2)
- FootSmart- how to check and care for their feet (type 1 & 2)
NDSS Program Referral templates for medical software are now available directly from Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN website or contact Diabetes Queensland firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Individuals can self-refer. Bookings are essential for all sessions. Ask them to contact the NDSS Helpline on 1300 136 588 or email email@example.com for more information of dates and venues in their area.
Is your patient registered with the NDSS? If not Register them now for access to services, support, information & products.
Back to Latest Announcements