Seqirus Australia have announced their 2018-2019 ‘Championing Change’ Innovation Practice Nurse Grant as a part of their ongoing commitment to public health and protecting adults from vaccine preventable diseases.
The Innovation Grants recognise practice nurses’ contributions to public health by supporting the implementation of innovative adult immunisation initiatives designed to boost coverage rates or improve the quality use of adult vaccines.
Three Innovation Grants to the value of $5,000 each, commemorative certificates and sponsorship to attend the 2019 Australian Practice Nurses Association (APNA) National Conference, including travel, accommodation and registration, will be provided to three successful grant recipients, as selected by the independent expert review panel.
Practice nurses working in a GP setting who drive, or support, patient awareness, timely uptake of, and/or compliance with adult vaccines listed on the National Immunisation Program (NIP) Schedule, are eligible to apply for the ‘Championing Change’ Innovation Practice Nurse Grants for their healthcare practice.
To qualify, each applicant will be required to submit a document outlining their planned innovative initiative which must be rolled out between August 1 – December 31, 2018 and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Improve coverage, access and/or timely delivery of adult vaccinations as per the NIP;
- Be adaptable and able to be replicated by other primary health care nurses in GP practices in Australia;
- Support the ongoing record keeping of vaccinations on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) in clinical practice;
- Support the quality use of adult vaccines.
Submissions opened Thursday, May 10, 2018 and close at 5pm AEST on Friday, June 22, 2018.
Announcement of the Innovation Grant recipients will be issued on Friday, July 6, 2018. The
recipients will be required to present their initiative to Seqirus between July 11 – 31, 2018.
To apply, applicants must simply:
- Register with the Community Immunity website – www.communityimmunity.com.au
- Upload their application to the site by 5pm AEST on Friday, June 22, 2018.
To learn more about the ‘Championing Change’ Innovation Practice Nurse Grants, the application process, and Terms and Conditions, head to www.communityimmunity.com.au/championingchange.