Trial Program: Funded Access to Interpreting Services for Pharmacists for Non-PBS Items
The Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN (‘DDWMPHN’) has established the Interpreting for Allied Health Professionals (AHP) Trial Program to:
- Support access to private Allied Health services by non-English speaking clients and,
- Ensure interpreter service at nil cost to Allied Health Professionals working in private practice to communicate with people from a refugee background.
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is pleased to introduce Pharmacists to this program for the supply of over the counter medications and medical equipment, and Domiciliary Medication Management Reviews and Residential Medication Management Reviews.
The trial program is funded by DDWMPHN through a special capped funding stream. DDWMPHN will administer the program within the region, with interpreting services delivered by Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) National.
The program enables Pharmacists who register with the program to receive access to immediate phone interpreting service at nil cost to the Pharmacist or to the client.
Pharmacists who register into the program are provided access to TIS at nil cost to themselves until 30th June 2018. Ongoing delivery of the program post June 2018 will be determined through evaluation of the success of the program and subject to future budget approval.
To be eligible for the program Pharmacists must agree to only use the DDWMPHN TIS client code for:
- customer service enquires relating to over the counter medications and medical equipment sales only,
- Domiciliary Medication Management Review (DMMR MBS item 900)
- Residential Medication Management Review (RMMR MBS item 903)
- Participate in an evaluation of the program.
If you are looking for guide to working with patients when there are language barriers - Brisbane South Interpreters Guide
For further information, please contact:
Program Coordinator, Health Outcomes
P: (07) 4615 0911
Back to Latest Announcements