Access for All: Disability Awareness for Mainstream Health Providers
September 28, 2021
CheckUP was recently funded through the NDIS Mainstream Capacity Building Program to develop and deliver Access for All: Disability Awareness for Mainstream Health Providers. Access for All is a short, free, interactive online training course suitable for all mainstream health professionals, practice manager’s, practice nurses and administration staff.
With health care for people with disabilities in the spotlight at the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability, it’s important for health providers to understand the legislative obligations to provide accessible and inclusive care to people with disabilities. Access for All assists health providers increase their knowledge and awareness about the barriers people with disabilities experience when accessing mainstream health care, and provides strategies to assist in improving access for all to mainstream health services.
- Increases awareness and provides strategies to overcome barriers people with disabilities experience when accessing mainstream health care.
- Provides resources to assist mainstream health providers improve the accessibility and inclusivity of the health services they provide.
- Assists health providers understand the legislative obligations to provide accessible and inclusive care to all people.
- Is suitable for mainstream health professionals and health administration staff.
- CPD points available for most professions.
- Supports health accreditation standards.
The course is self-paced and can be done in 15-20 minute module sittings and takes approximately 2-2.5 hours to complete from start to finish. If you would like to read more about the development of the training over the past 12 months please see our website: CheckUP – Access for All Project.
CheckUP’s Access for All team is interested in showcasing great work happening in this space already or as a result of health providers completing the training. We can learn and share with each other to bring the barriers to access down and create accessible and inclusive health care for all. Please contact the team and let us know if you do have practices and providers in your PHN area providing accessible and inclusive health care.
For more information, please contact: Alison Berigan, Senior Project Officer on 0428 449 270 or email@example.com.