Accessing immunisation history information and reporting COVID-19 vaccines
March 23, 2021
If your practice is participating in Phase 1b of the vaccine roll-out, the pre-vaccination checklist suggests that the following information be checked prior to each dose:
- prior administered COVID-19 vaccines
- any other vaccines administered within the previous 14 days
- any contraindications or adverse reactions related to COVID-19 vaccinations
My Health Record is an easy way to check immunisation history, allergies or adverse reactions, especially for patients that might be new to your practice.
REMINDER: It is mandatory to report all COVID-19 vaccinations to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
There are three way to upload immunisations to the AIR:
1. Integrated clinical, practice management or professional services software
Check with your software vendor if your clinical information system integrates with AIR. This is an efficient way to report immunisations to AIR. However, the AIR history cannot be viewed. The history can be accessed either through My Health Record or HPOS.
Things your organisation can do:
- log into AIR using the Services Australia HPOS Portal to view immunisation history and upload immunisation records, if your organisation does not have access to integrated software
- have the latest software version
- immunisation record batches are sent to AIR daily
- monitor your software AIR upload reports for any discrepancies or transmission failures
- read the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance data quality factsheet for effective reporting to AIR
2. Accessing AIR via Health Professionals Online Services (HPOS)
Providers can log into AIR using the Services Australia HPOS Portal to view immunisation history and upload immunisation records, if your organisation does not access to integrated software.
The CVIP is a free platform developed by the Commonwealth Government to help immunisation provider with vaccination management and reporting. The platform is for providers who don’t have integrated software.
To learn more about the CVIP, dial into the Australian Digital Health Agencies 'Using the Clinician Vaccine Integrated Platform (CVIP)' Webinar sessions for support staff and vaccine administrators. Dates and times below:
Wednesday, 31 March | 6:30 - 7:30pm AEDT | Click here to register
Thursday, 1 April | 1:00 - 2:00pm AEDT | Click here to register