Advice on seasonal influenza vaccines for 2021
March 23, 2021
The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has developed advice for immunisation providers regarding the administration of 2021 seasonal influenza vaccines.
It includes information about:
- the influenza vaccines available for use in Australia in 2021, by age
- influenza virus strains included in the 2021 seasonal influenza vaccines
- timing of vaccination, including timing of influenza and COVID-19 vaccines
- vaccination for pregnant women
- eligibility for influenza vaccines funded under the National Immunisation Program (NIP)
- medical conditions that are associated with an increased risk of influenza complications.