Applications now open for Post-Doctoral Fellowships
September 24, 2019
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship from Suicide Prevention Australia provides funding for successful applicants who have already attained a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) to further their research career.
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship aims to build research capacity and to develop research leadership across the spectrum of suicide prevention including universal, selective and indicated intervention, and postvention.
Applicants should note that while not mandatory, identification of a Partner Organisation with whom they will partner for the duration of the Post-Doctoral Fellowship, and any in-kind or cash contributions by the Partner Organisation will be favorably considered.
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship aims to:
- Develop and expand evidence to support innovative interventions across the spectrum of suicide prevention
- Foster the expansion and development of research leadership in suicide prevention
- Enhance the scale and focus of research relevant to the Suicide Prevention Research Fund priorities
Who should apply?
Researchers who are up to five years post-doctoral study and who can demonstrate the following:
- Record of contributing to quality publications
- Capacity for leadership in the suicide prevention research field
- Commitment to the application of their research, and
- Articulation of a career development strategy that has relevance to suicide and its prevention
To find more information and to apply CLICK HERE