COVID-19: GP Alert (1 May 2020)
May 01, 2020
WEBINAR - Team Care Telehealth with healthdirect
Join Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN, Train IT Medical and healthdirect Australia for this live one-hour webinar, with a focus on the practicalities and appropriate use of new MBS item numbers, and telehealth with practice nurses for vulnerable patients.
DATE: Wednesday, 6 May 2020
TIME: 12:30pm - 1:30pm
REGISTER: Click here to register
- Katrina Otto, Train IT Medical is one of Australia's leading Practice Management Consultants and a highly respected and approved medical software trainer.
- Katrina will be joined by Jo Hughes, Service Manager for Video Call, HealthDirect Australia.
- Develop an understanding of recent changes to COVID-19 telehealth and telephone MBS item numbers.
- Discuss practice nurse item numbers and a planned approach to telehealth for vulnerable patients.
- Consider practicalities of 3 way telehealth using HealthDirect Australia teleconferencing platform.
- Incorporate appropriate telehealth consent, documentation and MBS billing
Short term measures to streamline Medicare program requirements
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is partnering with Healthily to enable GPs to effectively communicate and share resources with patients they identify as being at risk of COVID-19 using the GoShare Plus platform.
We are seeking 20 general practices who are interested in participating in the PHN’s GoShare Plus COVID-19 Pilot which will give you access to the GoShare Plus platform at no cost.
To express your interest, click here.
Children and type 1 diabetes
The Australian Paediatric Society has shared with the PHN an important message regarding late presentations of children with type 1 diabetes which can be life threatening. The diagnosis is more likely to be delayed when doctors do not have the opportunity to examine the child and rely on information received via telehealth during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click here to view the full letter from the Australian Paediatric Society.
Queensland Health EOI for temporary positions now closed
Queensland Health has closed its expression of interest (EOI) for temporary positions during the COVID-19 response period for now. They received ‘overwhelming interest’ and ‘would like to thank Queenslanders for their response’.
Call for feedback - Senate inquiry into COVID-19
RACGP is collecting feedback on the Federal Government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic to submit to a Senate Select Committee, including:
- the introduction of MBS telehealth items
- the support for employees and businesses facing financial pressure
- the supply of PPE for healthcare workers
- the overall impact of the Federal Government’s policy response on your practice
- access to care for your patients and more.
To provide feedback or ask any questions, email email@example.com by COB Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
Dedicated COVID-19 pathology service for RACFs
The Australian Government has engaged Sonic Healthcare to provide a dedicated pathology service for suspected cases of COVID-19 in residential aged care facilities (RACFs). This service has been made available in addition to existing public health pathology services to ensure the testing of residents and staff of residential aged care facilities is supported during the pandemic. For more information, click here.