COVID-19: GP Alert (18 May 2020)
May 18, 2020
Information session on nbn services in a COVID-19 and post-COVID environment
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN would like to invite you to an information session on nbn services in a COVID-19 and post-COVID environment.
DATE: Monday, 25 May 2020
TIME: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Background on nbn services in a COVID-19 and post-COVID environment
- nbn support for medical and health services (similar to the attached information sheet)
- information about the different plans and business support available to health providers
- how to manage existing issues and who can you turn to resolve them?
UPDATE - CDNA Guidelines
The Communicable Diseases Network of Australia (CDNA) has released the latest updates to its COVID- 19 National Guidelines for Public Health Units. Updates include ‘fatigue’ now being included as a symptom, clarification about organ donation, and a change in release criteria around high-risk areas.
The Case Definition has also been updated to include reference to serological testing as below:
A person who:
i. tests positive to a validated specific SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid test;
ii. has the virus isolated in cell culture, with PCR confirmation using a validated method;
iii. undergoes a seroconversion to or has a significant rise in SARS-CoV-2 neutralising or IgG
antibody level (e.g. four-fold or greater rise in titre).
A person who:
i. has not been tested, with fever (≥38°C) or history of fever (e.g. night sweats, chills) OR acute respiratory
infection (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, sore throat) AND is a household contact (refer to Contact
definition below) of a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19;
ii. has detection of SARS-CoV-2 neutralising or IgG antibody AND has had a compatible clinical
illness AND is a close contact (refer to Contact definition below) of a confirmed or probable case of
Please note that serological testing in Queensland is currently undertaken with the guidance of
NEW – Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) update
The Australian Medical Association Queensland (AMAQ) has partnered with AMA Western Australia to expedite PPE availability, and established a dedicated ordering process for Queensland doctors.
The ordering platform is https://amamedicalproducts.com.au/collections/covid-19-pandemic-ppe, and the discount code is AMAQLD to receive a 5 per cent discount on the first order.
NEW – Queensland-specific COVID-19 information in 31 languages
Queensland Health’s Strategic Policy and Legislation Branch has published Queensland-specific COVID-19 information in 31 languages. Click here to view the resources
NEW – COVID-19 mental health hub for health professionals
TEN is an e-health hub and an app developed by the Black Dog Institute to support health professionals to manage life and work through COVID-19. TEN is part of the Australian Government’s $74 million package to support the mental health and wellbeing of Australians.
The resource has been developed by health professionals, for health professionals, and provide a one-stop resource and help centre, providing self-assessment, self-management and treatment for stress, anxiety, and symptoms of depression.
Click here to view the hub
- Black Dog Institute | Who is looking after us? Supporting health care workers during COVID-19 | Thursday, 21 May 1:00pm - 2:00pm and 8:00pm - 9:00pm | This webinar will discuss the mental health impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Australian health professionals | Click here to register
- Digital Health CRC | Bringing telehealth and digital patient education together to support patient experience and health outcomes | Tuesday, 26 May 12:00pm - 1:00pm | With the rapid rollout of telehealth services being driven by COVID-19, how can we best integrate tools and resources that maximise engagement and the quality of the patient experience, support their ongoing self management and improve health outcomes | Click here to register
- Australian Digital Health Agency | Electronic Prescribing Update for Prescribers | Wednesday, 27 May 6:30pm - 8:00pm | The session will cover an overview of the roadmap for electronic prescriptions including core features and benefits and how it may be used in routine practice. There will also be an opportunity for a Q&A | Click here to register
- RACGP | Initiatives to support medicines safety (Activity no. 199593) - this is a recorded webinar | A raft of new digital initiatives are being introduced in Australia to support medicines safety. This webinar explains these initiatives and describe their benefits to medicines safety | Click here to view this webinar (available until midnight Friday, 5 June)