COVID-19: GP Alert (25 June 2021)
June 25, 2021
Reminder - GP respiratory clinics are available across the region to send your patients to who have respiratory symptoms for assessment and COVID-19 testing
Please be reminded that GP respiratory clinics are available across the region to assess and COVID-19 test patients with respiratory symptoms.
There are six GP respiratory clinics across the region. BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL.
8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
8:30am to 12:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Bookings via 07 5464 6765
Health Matters Karalee
9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
9:00am to 12:00pm Saturday
Bookings via 07 3812 3133 or book online.
8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday
Bookings via 0408 699 432
Carbal Medical Services
8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday
Bookings via 07 4580 1400 or book online
James Neil Medical
8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Bookings via 07 4632 4888
Condamine Medical Centre
9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
9:00am to 11:30am Saturday
Bookings via 07 4666 9666
West Moreton Health Emergency Department Forum for GPs
West Moreton Health invites GPs to join them for a discussion about the actions that can be taken as health practitioners to address the burgeoning demand on public emergency departments.
The discussion will take place on Microsoft Teams from 8.30am to 9.30am on Friday, 2 July.
Click here to join the forum
- Ipswich Hospital Emergency Department (ED) Clinical Director Cade Grima will provide data on the most common conditions we treat in our largest emergency department.
- West Moreton Local Ambulance Service Director Drew Hebbron will deliver key insights into the challenges faced by paramedics.
- West Moreton Health Chief Operating Officer Matthew Tallis will provide a system-wide update on our hospital and health service, and I will be on hand to answer any clinical questions that arise.
As always, West Moreton Health and the GP respiratory clinics offer several referral pathways as an alternative to treatment in emergency departments.
- Hospital in the Home (HiTH):
- Please contact the HiTH co-ordinator on 0407 386 692 (7am–7pm, 7 days a week) for all referrals except day infusions (this ensures the service has capacity to provide the care required).
- To speak with a HiTH consultant, phone 0418 177 831 (8.30am–4pm, Monday–Friday).
- phoning the ED senior medical officer on 3810 1487 for advice and clinical handover of patients referred to ED
- GP respiratory clinics at Purga, Karalee and Booval. For more information, visit the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN website.
- Residential Aged Care Acute Support Service (RASS)
- Mental health, alcohol and other drugs services.
For Microsoft Teams technical support, please call 3447 2960 or email WM_CMO@health.qld.gov.au
The Declared Hotspots Direction has been updated to declare additional New South Wales Local Government areas as COVID-19 hotspot.
Anyone who has been in a Declared Hotspot must follow the Border Restrictions Direction which states that anyone who has been in a hotspot in the last 14 days, or since the start date identified for the hotspot (whichever is shorter), will not be allowed to enter Queensland, except for returning residents and a limited range of people who can enter for essential purposes.
In addition, with the school holidays starting, effective from 1am on Monday, 28 June 2021, anyone travelling into Queensland from anywhere in Australia is required to complete a border declaration pass before entering Queensland. This includes anyone arriving in Queensland from northern New South Wales, who were previously exempt.
Reminder - AstraZeneca vaccine for over 60s
The Department of Health are encouraging GPs to continue to discuss with their patients over the age of 60 the importance of booking in for their AstraZeneca vaccine, including for dose one and dose two (if dose one has already been received).