COVID-19: GP Alert (26 February 2021)
February 26, 2021
Update your triage questions - Testing for returned travelers from New Zealand
From 6:00pm AEST 24 February 2021, updates to the Quarantine for International Arrivals Direction (No. 6) and Quarantine and COVID-19 Testing for International Air Crew (No.7) came into effect.
The changes to these directions mean that:
- New Zealand has been removed as a Safe Travel Zone Country
- All travellers from New Zealand will need to complete quarantine.
It is recommended that all travellers who have been in New Zealand since 21 February 2021, should come forward, get tested and isolate until they receive a negative result. This applies to anyone who has entered from 6 February who has not already had a test after entering Queensland.
More information about Queensland’s Public Health Directions can be found on the Queensland Health website.
COVID-19 vaccine resources
Below is a running list of resources - some are new and some have previously been shared. We will continue to update this list. New resources are highlighted below:
- Queensland Health COVID-19 vaccination information webpage
- NEW - Queensland Health Adverse event following immunisation webpage
- NEW - COVID-19 vaccination: Monitoring and reporting side effects
AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
- Information for COVID-19 vaccination providers webpage
- COVID-19 vaccination decision guide for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning pregnancy
- NEW - MBS COVID-19 Vaccine Suitability Assessment Factsheet
- COVID-19 VACCINE: ASTRAZENECA ChAdOx1-S
- COVID-19 VACCINE: PFIZER AUSTRALIA - COMIRNATY BNT162b2 (mRNA)
- COVID-19 vaccines and flu vaccination
- ATAGI clinical guidance on COVID-19 Vaccine in Australia in 2021
- ATAGI COVID-19 vaccination decision aid for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning pregnancy
RESOURCES FOR RACFS
- COVID-19 vaccination – Resource pack for residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Clinical governance requirements for COVID-19 vaccination in residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Consent guidance material for residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Consent process flowchart for residential aged care
- COVID-19 vaccination – Consent form for COVID-19 vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccine aged care readiness toolkit
- NEW - COVID-19 vaccination decision guide for frail older people, including those in residential aged care facilities