COVID-19: GP Alert (29 August 2020)
August 29, 2020
COVID-19 Directions are being extended to Toowoomba LGA
From 08:00 on Monday 31 August 2020:
- Enhanced PPE requirements in line with ‘moderate risk’ will come into effect in the Toowoomba LGA for Queensland Health facilities, residential aged care and disability accommodation services, GPs and other primary care health providers – see page 3, Table 1 of the Pandemic Response Guidance on PPE in Healthcare Delivery document.
- Health care facilities in the Toowoomba local government area (LGA) will be subject to the following directions:
- Aged Care Direction: restrictions on public and private residential aged care facilities.
- Hospital Visitors Direction: no visitors to public or private hospitals unless permitted by the facility.
- Disability Accommodation Services Direction: physical distancing and risk mitigation measures.The Toowoomba LGA will also be subject to the Movement and Gathering Direction, which restricts public gatherings and gatherings in home to 10 people.
- QAS will also extend its current PPE advice to include the Toowoomba LGA region. This mirrors the directions and recommendations which continue to apply to the Greater Brisbane area.
We understand the Toowoomba LGA is now deemed a 'moderate risk', under the Pandemic Response Guidance on PPE in Healthcare Delivery. This guidance applies to all Queensland Health facilities and is also recommended (not mandatory) for all other healthcare providers (e.g. general practice, private hospitals, community care etc.). For 'moderate risk' areas the guidance indicates:
- Universal masking (with flat surgical mask) of all patients, visitors and staff at health care facilities.
- Team members to wear surgical (flat) masks; eye protection if working in close quarters with consumers; and full PPE only when interacting with suspected COVID cases.
Enhanced PPE requirements will also be in place from 8am tomorrow for Queensland Health facilities and residential aged care and disability accommodation services. QAS will extend its current PPE advice to include the Toowoomba LGA region, which mirrors the directions which currently applies to the Greater Brisbane area.