COVID-19: GP Alert (5 June 2020)
June 05, 2020
Public Health Alert no.14
Queensland Health has released Public Health Alert no. 14.
For clarification, the following advice has been provided around the practical implementation of testing and isolation criteria. There are three (3) different scenarios for testing:
- Essential testing: test patients who meet clinical and epidemiological criteria. Patients are ‘suspected cases’ and should isolate until the results become available and then managed accordingly
- Enhanced testing: testing of patients who meet clinical criteria. Patients are not suspected cases and isolation is not required while results are pending, unless warranted by clinical judgment. It may be helpful to consider what the management would have been pre-COVID
- Expanded testing: testing of patients with atypical symptoms or asymptomatic patients according to the recommendations by the State IMT and CHO. Isolation is not required while results are pending.
For full details, click here to view the alert.
UPDATE - Queensland Clinical Senate and Networks
Queensland Statewide Clinical Networks have published an update with frontline COVID-19 advice.
The new advice (dated 3 June) includes:
- Statewide Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) Antibiotic Hotline now 24/7
- Roadmap for remote communities
- PHRIAG Status Report.
Planning wellness for patients in General Practice
To support COVID-19 response efforts, BMP Healthcare's has published a 'how to guide' to help General Practices better utilise both their valuable primary care nursing workforce and telehealth between now and 30 September.
The publication aims to improve:
- outcomes/experiences for their patients with chronic conditions
- financial sustainability of their general practices
- work satisfaction for primary care nurses and GPs.
- 6 June | 10:00am - 11:30am | Valley Eye Specialists | Q&A Session for GPS Topics in Paediatric Ophthalmology | RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9 June | 7:00pm - 800pm | James Cook University | How to Manage Dental Presentations Commonly Seen in General Practice | Register Here
- 10 June | 7:00pm - 9:00pm | GCMA and GPGC / BOQ | Business of Medicine: Discussion of Challenges and Opportunities | Register Here