Darling Downs and West Moreton practices to receive grants up to $50,000
April 28, 2023
The Australian Government is investing $220 million in grants, over two years from 2022-23 to 2023-24, through the Strengthening Medicare – General Practice Grants Program.
The program aims to help general practices and eligible Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) to expand patient access and improve general practice services. The Program is the first step to delivering on the Government’s commitment towards strengthening Medicare and boosting general practice. The grants will support general practices and eligible ACCHOs to make investments in innovation, training, equipment, and minor capital works in one or more of the three investment streams below:
- enhance digital health capability.
- upgrade infection prevention and control arrangements.
- maintain or achieve accreditation against the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Standards for General Practices (5th edition).
A one-off grant of either $25,000, $35,000 or $50,000 (based on practice size and accreditation status) will be available to each participating general practice and eligible ACCHO. General Practices across our region should have received their grant opportunity information via email from the PHN – if you’ve not received your email please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligible ACCHOs will be able to apply for the grants through NACCHO (email@example.com).
To participate in the program, please:
- Read the Quick Reference Guide – to understand Program eligibility and requirements.
- Complete the Application and Grant Agreement – and submit to the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN by 5:00pm on Thursday, 15 June 2023.
For more information about the program, please refer to the Department of Health and Aged Care.