Darling Downs Health - Healthy Kids program
July 06, 2021
The Healthy Kids program is a 5-month program that has been developed to help kids aged 2 - 17 and families enjoy a healthier lifestyle together. The program is designed to assist children who are overweight or obese.
What does the program include:
- Input from dietitian, exercise physiologist, child health nurse and psychologist.
- Each month offered 1 x group education session and 1 x individual session with paediatric dietitian. It is expected that participants will attend all sessions.
- Workbook with notes on each session and weekly nutrition, exercise and wellbeing activities to complete at home
Topics covered include:
- Breakfast, lunch boxes, meal planning and family meal ideas.
- Good food choices and movement
- Mindful eating
- Healthy sleep and screen time.
The program is free of charge
Child Health building, 298 Ruthven Street, Toowoomba 4350
Via smart referrals – select dietitian and indicate for healthy kids program
Group educations sessions are at 3:30 – 4:30 and individual appointments are for 30 minutes at 3:00, 3:30 or 4:00.
Days: Children aged 2 – 11 are on Tuesdays and Children aged 12 – 17 are on Thursdays
Dates: The next cohort will commence in July 2021 and run till November 2021.