Digital Health January Update 2020
January 21, 2020
GP smart referrals - EOI West Moreton region
In mid-December 2019, West Moreton Health (WMH) sent an Expression of Interest (EOI) to GP practices within the West Moreton region (whom use Best Practice and Medical Director clinical software) to invite them to opt into the General Practice Smart Referral (GPSR) solution.
This software is an additional feature to the existing Best Practice or Medical Director patient management system and thus allows electronic transfer of referrals directly to the WMH Central Referral Unit.
GP practices who wish to participate please return the EOI by 31st January 2020 to
WMemail@example.com. On receipt the WMH project team will contact your practice directly and arrange a time to discuss onboarding and work through any questions that the practice may have.
For further information visit click here or call WMH 07 3810 7402 or 07 3413 7312 or email your enquiries to WMfirstname.lastname@example.org.
AMA position statement – Innovation in Aged Care 2019 Position Statement
Innovation and enhanced technology must be included in all current and future aged care planning to reduce costs, increase efficiency and enhance quality of care, the AMA says in a position statement released last month. Click here to view position statement.
Telehealth - healthdirect video calling
Please contact our PHN if you would like to start incorporating telehealth into your practice.
The healthdirect video calling platform is free to use.
Here is some further information about health direct video call platform:
- Introducing healthdirect video call into your health service
- How to see your patients healthdirect video call
- All downloadable guides and templates
My Health Record implementation in private specialist practice
Specialist practice may benefit from being connected to the My Health Record system. If your specialist practice is interested in connecting to My Health Record, please contact Renata Danisevska.
For further information about benefits please click here.
End of quarter incentive reminder – PIP quarter ends 31 January 2020
The current ePIP quarter will finish on 31 January 2020. For information on how many Shared Health
Summaries your practice needs to upload or to opt-out of your ePIP for this quarter, please contact Human
Services on 1800 222 032, email: email@example.com or check the
Please email our primary care engagement team firstname.lastname@example.org if you require support or further education.
Recent media releases:
- Secure messaging standards to be mandatory - State, Territory and Commonwealth Governments have released a joint statement in support of new standards for secure messaging, stating that the standards will be mandatory in future procurement for applicable systems.
- My Health Record sees a 62% increase in general practitioners viewing documents - According to data released by the Australian Digital Health Agency (the Agency), general practices increasingly lead the way in using My Health Record, with usage (viewing and uploading) rising substantially since March 2019.