Expression of Interest: Digital Health Tools in RACFs
January 13, 2021
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is seeking expressions of interest from residential aged care facilities (RACFs) who are interested in:
- using secure messaging like Medical Objects or Healthlink to share information between healthcare providers and their facility securely and in a timely manner;
- using the telehealth video call platform healthdirect Video Call which connects health professionals to residents without them having to leave the facility, and;
- connecting with the My Health Record system to access health information from GP practices, pharmacies and hospitals.
Why is this important?
Digital health technologies can reduce these risks and improve the provision of safe, timely, effective, efficient and equitable care for older people.
Benefits of using digital health tools:
- focus on consumer-centred outcomes and experience;
- greater access to information by using electronic health records particularly to support transition of care;
- ensure needs, goals and preferences of consumer nearing the end of life are recognised and addressed, their dignity preserved.
In October 2020, the Royal Commission released a set of recommendations that are being reviewed by the aged care sector and Government. Recommendation 74 requires universal adoption of digital technology and My Health Record by the aged care sector by 1 July 2022.
How will it work?
RACFs interested in this opportunity will work with the PHN on an individualised plan for the adoption of digital health technologies.
Expressions of Interest close at COB Monday, 1 March 2021.
Please register your interest by completing the short form below.
Contact Renata Danisevska for further information P: 0417 464 430 | E: email@example.com
1. Cost of one license is funded by the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN for the first 12 months.
2. This service will be free to access pending Australian Department of Health funding.