Expression of Interest - GP Clinical Placements Available
February 05, 2019
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN in collaboration with the West Moreton Health are seeking expressions of interest for paid General Practitioner clinical placements.
The position will work with the Paediatric Specialist Team focused on developmental behaviour management and are being offered in West Moreton, these are due to commence March 2019.
• Paid GP placement positions offered during 2019.
• 4 hours per week for 12 weeks.
• GPs to be paid for placement hours.
• Focus on children with developmental behaviour problems and learn interventions to stimulate their development and management of medications.
On completion of clinical placement, there may be an opportunity to become a part of the West Moreton Health GPwSI (GP with Special Interest) program specialising in paediatric developmental behaviour disorders.
• Paid position for 12-month contract with West Moreton Health, 4 hours work per week for 12
• Be part of Paediatric Outpatient team and manage a case load of children with behaviour disorders.
• Ongoing mentoring from West Moreton Health Paediatric Behaviour and Development Specialists.
• On completion of 12 months return to your practice with skills and confidence to manage children
with paediatric developmental behaviour disorders.
• Increased confidence in management of paediatric developmental behaviour disorders.
• Increased confidence with managing medications for children with developmental behaviour disorders.
• A better understanding of interventions which stimulate behaviour development.
• Improved knowledge of processes and needs of children requiring assessment for developmental behaviour disorders.
Once completed please submit to:
Helaine Freeman, Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN Program Officer
(07) 3202 4433