Expression of Interest - Immunisation Program - Registered Nurse Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996 Course
February 22, 2019
The Darling Downs and West Moreton Primary Health Network in collaboration with Health Workforce Queensland, invites Registered Nurses working in the PHN region to apply for a scholarship to complete the Cunningham Centre’s Immunisation Course.
Successful completion of this course authorises Registered Nurses to practice as an Immunisation Program Nurse under the provisions of the Queensland Government Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996.
More information about the Program can be found HERE.
The course is delivered via distance (via self-directed study, webinars and Yammer discussion board) and includes participation in a one-day workshop. There is a clinical practice and assessment component of the course that needs to take place in a childhood immunisation setting.
Completion of this course will award you 130 hours of continuing professional development.
Participants must be able to commit to the learning period from 6 May 2019. The duration of the course is six months.
To be eligible you must:
- Work within the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN region. (Priority will be given to nurses servicing a Modified Monash Model 3 region, you can check the MMM classification of your location at doctorconnect).
- Be a Registered Nurse working in a primary care setting servicing children requiring vaccination.
To complete application CLICK HERE and including the following documents:
- Agree to completing a pre and post module evaluation survey.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Proof of registration.
- Current certificate in basic life support of infants, children and adults, or evidence that the training has been completed if you are awaiting your certificate.
For further details please CLICK HERE
Any enquiries please direct to:
Primary Care Engagement Officer
(07) 4615 0900