Expression of Interest Physician in Practice
August 10, 2020
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN in collaboration with West Moreton Health presents an initiative to address chronic disease and co-morbidity at the community level with an emphasis on Type 2 Diabetes.
This is an innovative approach to the management of chronic conditions that focuses on the education of GPs by an endocrinologist conducting patient consultations jointly with the GP at the GP’s practice.
It is expected that the project will result in improved patient outcomes in the long term due to:
- education/upskilling of GPs and practice nurses;
- easier service access for patients; and
- reduced waiting lists for specialist care.
This program is set to run for a period of six months commencing on 26 May 2020. Three (3) general practices will be provided with the opportunity to participate in two (2) rounds of the Physician in Practice Model outlined below.
The Physician in Practice Model of Care includes:
- joint consultation between:
- practice nurse
- NP/credentialed diabetes educator
- GPs being responsible for leading the session and outlining/confirming priorities;
- specialist consultation model and provision of clinical recommendations or multidisciplinary case conference model;
- includes a clinical team learning education midday session;
- enables a peer support structure that enhances individual practice; and
- supports a multidisciplinary approach, promoting a collective response and strengthen collaborative ties across disciplines.
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST
If you and/or your practice are interested in participating, please fill out the Physician in Practice Expression of Interest Form on the following page and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest close 5pm Friday, 18 September 2020