Expression of interest - West Moreton Health GP placement program
September 14, 2021
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is partnering with West Moreton Health (WMH) to offer GPs in the West Moreton region the opportunity to participate in a 4-8 session (each session is 4 hours) placement within the WMH service. Please let us know what clinical areas you are interested in for these GP placements. GPs will be reimbursed at $150 per hour GST exclusive.
The PHN and WMH are committed to working collaboratively with General practice in our region. Previous GP placement programs have worked well as a platform for bilateral sharing of information and knowledge to improve health outcomes in our region.
Benefits for community
Increased collaboration between WMH services and general practice to improve patient outcomes.
Benefits for the GP
- Increased GP confidence in managing patients with complex clinical conditions
- Increased knowledge of referral pathways within WMH, the PHN funded services and our local community
- Better collaboration and access to clinicians at WMH
To undertake a placement with WMH all GP’s must meet recruitment and credentialling criteria, this will include:
- An application for scope of clinical practice for recruitment. (Application via Email to include, mobile number, APHRA Registration Number and primary email address).
- An application for Credentialing using an online portal will require the following:
- CV (signed and dated)
- names of 3 referees (referee’s must have worked with doctor within past 12 months and one must be a supervisor)
- medical degree (certified)
- fellowship certificate/College letter (if applicable) (certified)
- current indemnity insurance
- identification either passport or drivers licence and birth certificate (certified)
- current CPD certificate or statement downloaded from college website including name, date and points (if applicable)
The PHN will be available to support you with this process and have worked with WMH to ensure it is streamlined and not too onerous.