Interpreting for Allied Health Professionals Program - Expression of Interest
January 25, 2023
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN has established the Interpreting for Allied Health Professionals Program to:
- support access to private allied health services by non-English speaking clients
- ensure interpreter services are at nil cost to allied health professionals working in private practice to communicate with people from a refugee background.
The program is funded by Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN through a capped funding stream. Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN will administer the program within Darling Downs and West Moreton’s catchment area, with interpreting services delivered by an approved accredited translating and interpreting provider. The program enables Allied Health Professionals who register with the program to receive access to the following interpreting service at nil cost to the practice or to the client:
- immediate phone interpreting
- pre-booked phone interpreting.
Ongoing delivery of the program will be subject to evaluation and future budget approval.
Allied Health Professionals eligible for the program include:
Allied Health Professionals who are involved in the program must agree to:
- complete cross-cultural training
- bulk bill clients they consult with under this program or charge a minimal gap payment
- participate in an evaluation of the program.
Please note, this service is only accessible for health providers who are not able to utilise other free interpreting services.
Express your interest for the Interpreting for Allied Health Professionals Program
If you are interested in the program, please click the link below to complete the Expression of Interest form.
For enquiries, please contact the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 4615 0900.