Making a Difference: Integrated Team Care Program
September 30, 2019
Our PHN works with Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) across the region to deliver the Integrated Team Care (ITC) Program.
The Integrated Team Care (ITC) Program works to improve access to primary health care services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by offering care coordination and supplementary services to support people with chronic conditions. It ensures patients can access affordable medicines, transport services for medical appointments, medical aids and access to wider array of community services.
The program also funds Outreach Workers for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to increase access to medical appointments.
ACCHOs delivering ITC across our region:
- Carbal Medical Services – Toowoomba and Southern Downs
- Cherbourg Regional Aboriginal and Islander Community Controlled Health Services (CRAICCHS) – South Burnett and Cherbourg
- Institute for Urban Indigenous Health (IUIH) - through a partnership with Brisbane North PHN – Ipswich, Somerset and Lockyer Valley (through Kambu Health)
- Goondir Health Services – Western Downs
- Healthwise - Goondiwindi.
Find out more about how we support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health HERE