Mental Health Stepped Care: Making referrals through refeRHEALTH
September 25, 2019
All referrals to PHN-funded Targeted Psychological Therapies (TPT) and other mental health services requiring a GP referral, need to be made through our electronic referral system, refeRHEALTH. Using refeRHEALTH ensures patient consent has been provided to allow our PHN to capture the minimum de-identified data set required by the Department of Health to ensure ongoing funding of these services. refeRHEALTH also allows referrers to see the up-to-date list of available providers and services, estimated provider wait times, and track referrals including the number of sessions that have been utilised.
Step 1. Check Eligibility
To be referred to Targeted Psychological Therapies, patients must live in the Darling Downs and West Moreton region and meet one of the following criteria:
- children under the age of 12 years;
- people experiencing or at risk of, homelessness;
- women experiencing perinatal depression;
- people with intellectual disability;
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds;
- people living in rural and remote communities;
- population groups that are the subject of separate guidance material (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people at risk of suicide and young people).
- urgent/priority referrals requiring follow-up within 24 – 48 hours but not requiring an acute response.
Step 2. Login to refeRHEALTH
a) Check with your practice manager to see if you have been registered for a username and password.
b) If you have not been registered, visit https://ddwm.referhealth.com.au/ to register.
c) On your dashboard, select ‘Make Referral’.
d) Select the service required and complete and submit referral.
e) Send a copy of the Mental Health Treatment Plan (if applicable) to the provider you have selected via fax or secure messaging.
Step 3. Data security and privacy
- The refeRHEALTH system and data is secured through multiple methods.
- All data is stored on cloud servers based in Australia and secured and managed by an Australian owned and based Data Centre.
- RHealth is ISO 9001:2015 certified, which requires them to have systems to maintain and demonstrate compliance to statutory, regulatory and industry requirements.
- PHN staff receive de-identified reports and do not have direct user access to refeRHEALTH or any identifiable patient information.