My Health Record update - Immunisation information
May 11, 2021
The new consolidated immunisation view in My Health Record is now available in most clinical information systems via the clinical documents list.
It displays details of immunisations recorded in the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and in any shared health summaries or event summaries in a patient’s record.
The view includes the following information from AIR:
- immunisation status for:
- COVID-19 (if all required vaccines have been received)
- National Immunisation Program (NIP) schedule (whether a child is up to date or not up to date with the schedule)
- next immunisations due, overdue and upcoming
- notices section to show additional information, such as any recorded medical contraindications
- immunisation history, including date, disease, vaccine details including batch number and vial serial number (when available), dose, source anda link to the source document.
The immunisation history schedule matches the NIP schedule.
Please note: some immunisation information is still available via the Medicare Overview in your clinical information systems.
COVID-19 vaccination due and overdue dates
The Health Record Overview and Immunisation Record view show whether a second COVID-19 vaccination is due or overdue.
The second COVID-19 vaccination due date is calculated from the date of the first vaccine, as recorded in AIR, and the maximum date interval recommended by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) until the second vaccine. Once this date has passed, the second vaccine is considered overdue.
Update to the Health Professional Education Resources Gateway
A one-stop-shop has been created in the Gateway to host all COVID-19 vaccine related education resources.
New education resources on Australian Immunisation Register have been published on the Gateway including 4 infographics and 7 eLearning modules on the following topics:
- Register as a recognised vaccination provider
- Accessing the AIR site for the first time
- Submitting information to the AIR
- Overseas immunisations
- Immunisation Medical Exemptions
- Log into AIR using HPOS
- Registering an organisation in PRODA to access the AIR