NBN upgrade for telehealth providers
May 12, 2020
As an essential service telehealth providers are eligible for complementary upgrade offers from the NBN.
- Telehealth providers on 12/1Mbps can be upgraded to 25/5Mbps (wholesale speed tiers) and those on plans based on the 25/5Mbps to 50/20Mbps, or Fixed Wireless Plus (wholesale speed tiers), where available. This offer is available for six months, starting from May 2020.
- Telehealth providers can also receive an enhanced fault rectification service that ensures faults are fixed within a specified timeframe. In addition, this comes with prioritised connections and fault resolutions case management through the NBN Co’s Business Operations Centre.
These offers are available for qualified telehealth service providers in registered business premises, providing one or more of the below services by voice, and or internet, via the NBN Network:
- general practitioner services;
- medical specialist services;
- nurse practitioner services;
- mental health treatment;
- chronic disease management;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health assessments;
- treatment of eating disorders;
- pregnancy support counselling;
- treatment of patients in aged care facilities; and/or
- disability services.
For anyone interested in this offer, or NBN connections more broadly, the NBN has a team of community engagement specialists around the country, who are happy to provide any additional information. To be put in contact with the relevant specialist, PHNs can contact:
Head of National Stakeholder Relations
M: +61 418 847 715
44 Southgate Avenue, Cannon Hill QLD 4170