Open for Consultation – Draft NSQHS Standards User guide for health service organisations providing care for patients from migrant and refugee backgrounds
March 23, 2020
The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care is seeking feedback on the draft National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards User guide for health service organisations providing care for patients from migrant and refugee backgrounds.
This user guide provides information for health service organisations on recommended approaches to delivering culturally responsive-care that is safe and of high quality to patients from migrant and refugee backgrounds. It contains practical strategies and examples for improving care for people from migrant and refugee backgrounds.
Consultation has commenced and will run until 15 May 2020.
We welcome you to view the draft user guide and have your say.
Consultation draft National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (second edition) User guide for health service organisations providing care for patients from migrant and refugee backgrounds 2020 Guide, user guide or guidelines
Our preferred method for receiving your feedback is via SurveyMonkey. Please submit your feedback through this survey. However written submissions can be emailed to NSQHSStandards@safetyandquality.gov.au.
If you have any queries about the survey please contact the National Standards Program by email to NSQHSStandards@safetyandquality.gov.au or telephone 1800 304 056.
You are invited to provide feedback on the whole resource, or alternatively, specific components of the resource that are important to you. Included below are questions to guide your feedback. You can answer all, some or none of the questions in your feedback.
- Language: How could we improve the language, terminology and glossary used in the resource so that they are more appropriate and applicable to the context of your organisation?
- Usability: How could we make the content in this resource more applicable and easier to use to implement the NSQHS Standards (second edition)? For example, changes to the length, layout, and level of detail of the content.
- Clarification: Does any of the content in this resource require further clarification or rewording? Please provide suggestions for these changes.
- Gaps and duplication: Are there any gaps in the content and how should they be addressed? Is there any unnecessarily duplicated content that could be removed?
- Additional functionality: What additional functionality would be helpful in an interactive online resource or as separate resources? For example: links between actions; links to other resources; one-page factsheets; or infographics.
- Other feedback: Please provide any other feedback you have on this resource.