PHN-funded Mental Health Nurse Care
March 09, 2021
The PHN funds Mental Health Nurse Care which is a free service for people aged 16 years + who are living with severe and complex mental health conditions which significantly impact on their social, personal and work life.
Mental Health Nurses can provide clinical care services which include therapeutic support (such as CBT), mental health assessment and monitoring, physical health care, treatment team coordination, supervision and case discussion, and more.
Mental Health Nurse Care can be delivered through:
- face-to-face sessions
- telephone or online to individuals in private practice, and/or
- community locations or via home visits (where risk assessed as safe and appropriate).
Funded providers include:
- Mi-Mind Centre – Toowoomba, Lockyer Valley, Goondiwindi, Western Downs
- HealthWISE – Southern Downs, South Burnett, Cherbourg
- Neami National – Scenic Rim, Ipswich, Somerset
People living in the Darling Downs and West Moreton region aged 16 and older, who:
- have a Mental Health Treatment Plan
- are diagnosed with a severe and complex mental health condition
- have mental health issues that are significantly impacting on their social, personal and work life
- are at risk of being admitted to hospital in the future if clinical care coordination is not provided, or have already had at least one admission due to their mental health in the past 12 months
- are assessed as needing clinical care coordination for their ongoing treatment and management of their mental health for an extended episode of care, and/or
- are currently under the care of a GP or psychiatrist for mental health care or will be linked with one as part of the program.
Who can refer?
- Referrals can be made by GPs and psychiatrists through refeRHEALTH.
- A Mental Health Treatment Plan is mandatory for referral to this service.
For more information, view our Interactive Service Map.