Primary Care Disaster Resilience Grants now open
May 09, 2023
On behalf of the Australian Government, Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is administering the new Primary Care Disaster Resilience Grants.
Grants are available to general practices that are administering COVID-19 vaccines and will support rebuilding a more resilient primary care sector with better planning, preparedness, recovery and for disaster-impacted communities.
The grants will support successful applicants in the following ways:
- Providing training to improve disaster preparedness and business continuity via AGPAL accredited Disaster Management Workshops.
- Engagement of a temporary workforce to support the administration of the primary care clinic, including attendance to disaster preparedness and business continuity education (see above).
- Improving COVID-19 preparedness and infection control through the purchase of related items such as HEPA filters, PPE, vaccination clinic equipment and undertaking of fit testing.
- Purchase of consumables or perishable items associated with the delivery of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Assisting in overcoming damage to buildings, workforce disturbance, damaged equipment, and loss of vaccines and consumables.
Applications are open until close of business Friday, 2 June 2023 and must be made via the Online Application Form.