Project ECHO a continued success
March 31, 2023
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is continuing its partnership with West Moreton Health and Darling Downs Health with the Project ECHO® Older Persons Series in 2023.
The first two sessions held in February and March were met with an overwhelming response, with more than 60 health professionals from the region joining in each session. These sessions, forming two parts, focused on ‘Understanding the My Aged Care system and Home Care Packages’ - — where Jennifer Marshall, West Moreton Health Nurse Unit Manager, unpacked the My Aged Care puzzle and provided the inside scoop on package optimisation for clients.
Project ECHO® is a collaborative knowledge-sharing model designed to create a ‘learning loop’ between health professionals via Microsoft Teams, with the aim of increasing knowledge and access to health care in local communities and bringing care closer to home.
The Older Persons Series in 2023 is made up of five sessions:
- Understanding the My Aged Care System ‘Unpacking the My Aged Care puzzle’
- Understanding the My Aged Care System and Home Care Packages ‘Inside scoop on package optimisation for your client’
- Capacity and Consent ‘The essentials of consent and the Older Person’
- Guardianship and Decision Making ‘Responsibilities when making decisions for Older Persons’
- Care Finder Service Navigator ‘Which service is the right one?’
This exciting opportunity is open to all health professionals in the West Moreton and Darling Downs region caring for older persons in any capacity.
The next session will focus on the essentials of consent and the older person and will be held from 1:00pm - 2:00pm on Tuesday, 18 April 2023.
Click here for more information.