January 24, 2023
More than 12 months have passed since the launch of QScript, Queensland's real-time prescription monitoring system. During this time, thousands of prescribers and pharmacists throughout Queensland have used QScript to inform their clinical decision-making in relation to monitored medicines.
To end 2022, Queensland Health prepared a brief December update on QScript's implementation, covering topics including:
- the commencement of proactive monitoring of compliance with the requirement to check QScript, from 1 January 2023
- accuracy of dispensing records
- how to correct incorrect information in QScript.
A range of resources is available to guide health practitioners in the use of QScript, including:
- QScript Help content - comprehensive information to help health practitioners use QScript
- online education (including webinars and videos) available at the QScript Learning portal
- information about the new medicines, poisons and pest management regulatory framework - including links to fact sheets and supporting documents