The Skilling Queenslanders for Work Project is strengthening the disability and aged care workforce
April 19, 2022
The Queensland Government’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative supports eligible students to gain Certificate III in Individual Support and support them to gain employment in the disability and aged care industry.
Provided via Multicap, their team will assess and determine eligibility and enrol participants in the course. Together with training providers, their Coordinators will provide support and assistance throughout the course and facilitate the following:
- Arrange 60 hours of organised practical placement with Multicap
- Arrange 60 hours of organised practical placement at a local aged-care provider
- Facilitate training days for theory-based learning
- Assist participants with first aid certificate, police check clearance, working with children check (blue card) and disability worker screening clearance requirements (yellow card).
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Reside in Darling Downs/Toowoomba region
- Face disadvantage due to:
- Being ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance
- Requiring complementary services because you face significant barriers to learning and employment
- Accessing Australian Government unemployment services and remained unemployed for 6+ months.
This training is proudly funded by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative.