Smart Recovery Expression of Interest
January 08, 2020
About SMART Recovery Australia’s Facilitator Training
SMART Recovery Australia’s Facilitator Training is an industry endorsed course designed to teach Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) practitioners, mental health clinicians, peers, professionals and community volunteers everything required to start and run their very own SMART Recovery meeting.
SMART meetings use evidence-based tools to empower people to take control of their addictive or problematic behaviours associated with AOD, gambling and others.
This opportunity is open to the following cohorts:
- people with a lived experience of alcohol or drug dependence hoping to run SMART Recovery in their community;
- people who are already working or volunteering in the alcohol and other drug treatment sector; and
- students hoping to work in the alcohol and other drug sector upon graduation.
What you need to know
- The course will take approximately 10 hours to complete in addition to a final two-hour videoconference practice session. Please note the course and final videoconference session must be completed before 30 June 2020.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, volunteers, peer workers, students, people with a lived experience and people new to the AOD sector are encouraged to apply.
- Applications may be submitted by more than one employee/volunteer from an organisation.