Tender open: GP-led Respiratory Clinic Panel Program (GPRCP)
January 06, 2023
The Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care has opened the tender for the new GP-led Respiratory Clinic Panel (GPRCP) Program. The tender is open on AusTender until Thursday, 2 February 2023 and the program will be implemented from March 2023.
The GPRCP has been designed to ensure sufficient surge capacity is in place to respond to future COVID-19 waves or any other respiratory health emergencies.
Under this new panel arrangement, up to 150 existing, accredited primary care practices will be held in reserve to be activated as needed in response to the emergence of another COVID-19 wave or other major heath respiratory emergency. Practices in the GPRCP may include former GPRCs where the standard criteria to participate is met.
During periods of activation, GPRCP participants will be provided access to a new MBS Item (bulk-billed) for each respiratory consultation. Upon activation, they will also be eligible to claim a Practice Incentive Payment (PIP) equivalent to their PIP QI payment per three-month period. Participating clinics will be able to provide their usual services through standard MBS Items while activated, they will not be constrained to only providing services under the GPRCP.
- Release of Request for Tender on AusTender: Thursday, 5 January 2023
- Enquiry Cut-Off (including extension request) Date: 2pm AEDT, Thursday, 19 January 2023
- Closing Time (for responses): 2pm AEDT, Thursday, 2 February 2023
- Commencement of Panel: March 2023
How to lodge a response
1. Register on AusTender - the Australian Government’s procurement information system. Any queries or requests for technical or operational support can be directed the AusTender Help Desk, which is available between 9am and 5pm AEDT, Monday to Friday (excluding ACT and national public holidays).
- AusTender Help Desk
- Telephone: 1300 651 698
- International: +61 2 6215 1558
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Once registered, navigate to Current ATM View - Health/23/325151 – here you will find a link to the ‘ATM Documents’ and ‘Lodgement Page’.
3. Tenders must be lodged electronically via AusTender before the Closing Time (AEDT).
4. If Tenderers need to lodge material that cannot be submitted via AusTender, Tenderers should contact the Contact Officer at email GPRC@health.gov.au prior to Closing Time to make arrangements for its submission.
5. Where a Tender lodgement consists of multiple uploads, due to the number and/or size of the files, Tenderers must ensure that transmission of all files is completed and receipted before the Closing Time and clause 9.4 will only apply to the final upload.
6. The Department will accept Tenders lodged in Microsoft Word 2003 (or above), or PDF format.
7. The Tender file name/s should:
- incorporate the Tenderer’s company name
- reflect the various parts of the bid they represent, where the Tender comprises multiple files.
8. Tender response files should not exceed a combined file size of five megabytes per upload.
9. Tenders must be completely self-contained. No hyperlinked or other material may be incorporated by reference.
For further information or assistance, please email the team at GPRC@health.gov.au.