The Safer Baby Bundle (SBB) Obstetrics programs
July 09, 2020
The Safer Baby Bundle (SBB) is a group of evidence-based interventions that produce superior results when delivered together. These interventions have been endorsed by international and Australian experts. The bundle elements include:
- smoking cessation support
- improved detection and management of impaired foetal growth
- increasing awareness and management of women with decreased foetal movements
- provision of maternal safe sleeping advice
- improved decision-making around timing of birth for women with risk factors.
Implementation of the bundle in Queensland is designed to reduce preventable stillbirths, create awareness of associated risk factors, and encourage clinicians to apply the bundle of care to every pregnant woman. Click here for more information.
For Safer Baby Bundle resources tailored to the current Covid-19 environment please click here.