Our Reconciliation Action Plan
Our Reconciliation Journey
The development and implementation of a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) formalises our commitment to reconciliation, ensuring the voices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are heard and considered in all of our decisions and actions.
By improving cultural understanding throughout our PHN, we can influence sustainable change that will incorporate the knowledge, traditions, customs and values of Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples and their cultures.
With improved understanding, we will be able to provide efficient and effective support to our key health service delivery partners to improve the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples that reside in our communities.
Our region spans a geographical area of 95,500km2 and is home to over 560,000 residents of which 25,000 identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We cover 10 local government areas (LGAs) which include the major inland cities of Toowoomba and Ipswich, and communities located in the Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim, Somerset, South Burnett, Cherbourg, Southern Downs, Goondiwindi and Western Downs LGAs.
Reconciliation Action Plans
Our RAP reinforces our dedication to the reconciliation process and outlines key objectives that we will be working towards as an organisation.
RAP Working Group
Our Reflect RAP is championed internally by the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN Board, Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management Team, the RAP Working Group and all staff at the PHN. Our RAP has been developed by the RAP Working Group.
RAP Working Group Members
- Denise Pambid (RAP Chair) - Senior Manager - Program Development, Evaluation & Engagement
- Kevin Rose - PHN Board Member
- Theresa Johnson - Senior Manager – Primary Care & GP Liaison Officer
- Renata Danisevska - Digital Health Lead
- Francene Bain - Program Officer
- Anna Jones - Manager - Media and Communications
- Aaron Vinnell - Communications and Content Officer
- Jared Cruikshank - Program Officer
- Marlena Bishop - Program Officer
- Belinda May - Senior Program Officer
For more information, please contact:
Senior Manager - Program Development, Evaluation and Consumer Engagement
Phone: 07 3202 4433
On this page you'll find:
Quick links loading...