2021 Closing the Gap Indigenous Health Conference
The 13th National Closing the Gap Indigenous Health Conference had been relocated to Seaworld Resort Gold Coast Queensland. It is the only conference that has been continuously running since the establishment of the Closing the Gap concept and is the largest gathering of delegates from all sectors outside of Indigenous national associations.
The conference is held biannually and over the past ten years has attracted thousands of attendees bringing together representatives from all states and territories governments, First Nations medical services and mainstream health sectors, community-controlled organisations, First Nations communities, allied health professionals and non-government organisations, researchers and interested individuals. The conference is hosted by Indigenous Conference Services (Australia) with a great line up of First Nations speakers from all throughout Australia.
The 2021 conference themes include:
- Primary health and the whole of body wellness
- First Nations women’s health
- First Nations men’s health
- Successful community partnerships between First Nations peoples, governments and NGO`s
- Innovative projects which promote leadership and self-determination
- Community/ grassroots-based initiatives towards health
- Culture and its importance to creating better mental health for First Nations people
- Protecting mob against COVID-19 in remote Aboriginal and Torres Straits Islander communities