AOD Issues in Asylum Seeker and Refugee Communities - AOD Worker Training
QNADA and QPASTT proudly present training to support AOD Worker capacity to work with asylum seeker and refugee background community members experiencing alcohol and other drug issues. The training examines topics including:
- Barriers to treatment for clients of refugee background
- The effects of trauma and resettlement on clients
- Key elements of culturally competent practice
- Common communication challenges and ways to overcome them
- Supporting the connection between alcohol and other drug treatment services and migrant support services
Venue to be advised - in light of the fluid COVID-19 situation, we'll be able to confirm closer to the date whether this training will be held face to face at the QPASTT training rooms in Buranda or via zoom.