Assessment and management of low back pain
A learning module for doctors wanting to boost their skills and confidence with patients disabled with low back pain - and the first of four modules for the Certificate in Musculoskeletal Medicine.
Learn how to:
- Sharpen your diagnostic skills with more focused history taking
- Refine your physical examination skills and make sense of your findings
- Target and interpret lumbar spinal investigations.
- Make a specific diagnosis leading to effective treatment
- Do basic manual therapy and trigger point injections in your office
- Prescribe appropriate exercises and medications.
The module comprises a prereading component of ~ 6 hours in preparation for a day-long workshop of interactive tutorials, hands on physical examination and treatment techniques with feedback and case discussions. COVID-safe social distancing will be practiced and mask and gloves worn in hands-on segments.
Dr Michael Yelland – GP & Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Brisbane - Associate Professor, School of Medicine, Griffith University
- Dr Geoff Harding – Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Brisbane
- Dr Neil Hearnden - GP & Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Brisbane
- Dr Mike Ellis – GP & Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Sydney
- Dr Scott Masters – GP & Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Caloundra
MODULE COST: GPs & Specialists- $640; AAMM members- $540; Registrars - $440; Medical Students and repeat modules- $340