Assessment and management of lower limb pain
A learning module for doctors wanting to boost their skills and confidence with patients suffering from painful lower limb disorders
Learn how to:
- Sharpen your diagnostic skills with more focused history taking
- Refine your physical examination skills and make sense of your findings
- Target and interpret lower limb investigations.
- Make a specific diagnosis leading to effective treatment.
Conditions include osteoarthritis, trochanteric bursitis, tendinopathies nerve entrapments, plantar fasciitis and many more.
- Do joint and bursa injections in your office
- Prescribe appropriate exercises and medications
The module comprises a prereading component of ~ 6 hours with MCQs to check comprehension in preparation for a day-long workshop of interactive tutorials, hands on physical examination and treatment techniques with feedback and case discussions
- Dr Michael Yelland – GP & Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Arana Hills - Associate Professor, School of Medicine, Griffith University
- Dr Geoff Harding – Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Sandgate
- Dr Scott Masters – GP & Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Caloundra
- Dr Neil Hearnden - GP & Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Arana Hills
GP/Specialist - $690; AAMM member- $590; Registrar/House Officer- $490; Med Student/repeat module- $390