Childhood Overweight & Obesity ECHO Series
Increase your skills and competence inchildhood overweight and obesity management with this upcoming 7-week series.
Join the Childhood Overweight & Obesity ECHO®series to be part of an engaged community of practice and for weekly support and guidance.
Thursdays at 8:00am
What is Project ECHO® and how does it work?
Project ECHO® (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) is an interactive knowledge sharing model, with a focus on peer-to-peer learning, collaborative problem solving and teaching. Via an online platform ECHO® opens the channels for participants in rural and remote locations to evidence-based learnings and knowledge from a panel of topic experts and multi-disciplinary peers.
Each week participants log in to a Zoom session which consists of a short presentation from a panel expert, with a question time. A case is then presented by a participant followed by an interactive discussion led by the panel facilitator.
Why childhood overweight and obesity?
Childhood overweight and obesity is affecting one in four Queensland children and is associated with poor long term health, emotional and social outcomes
- It often affects whole families, and primary health care professionals are well placed to deliver holistic care for the entire family
- Treatment of childhood overweight and obesity can be effectively delivered in primary care with specialist support
- Ongoing access to multidisciplinary advice (paediatrician, psychologist, dietitian) for your paediatric patients living with overweight or obesity
- Become part of an engaged community of practice
- Receive ECHO® certification in childhood overweight and obesity management
Why participate in ECHO®?
Acquire new skills and competencies
Register and learn more
If you are interested in joining us for this series please register at https://hw.qld.gov.au/hub/project-echo/#registration. Get in quick as spaces are limited.
Learn more about the Project ECHO® model of delivery: https://hw.qld.gov.au/hub/project-echo/ .