Cultural Training - Working with Multicultural Communities
Australia is rich in diversity…
Nearly half (49%) of all Australians were either born overseas or have one or two parents who were born overseas…
Being aware of cultural differences is crucial for delivering services to and working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Our training delivers understanding and ready-to-apply strategies and skills to help achieve better engagement and break down barriers to participation.
This program addresses workplace challenges including:
- Understand Cultural Diversity in Australia, Queensland and your local area
- Understand the challenges of settlement
- Understanding unconscious bias
- Understand Culture and its impact on communication
- Apply skills needed in Cross Cultural Communication
- Develop skills needed to manage Cultural Diversity
Who should attend?
This program is tailored for government and community sector organisations, and is suitable for:
- Any service provider whose work brings them into contact with customers or clients from a multicultural background.
$25.00 - This training has been subsidised through the Department of Communities, Age-Friendly Grants Program.
Priority will be given to service providers working in the Ipswich and Darling Downs region.